Out and About in Singapore
The definitive illustrated children’s book about the Lion City
- Suitable for children between 7 and 12 years old
- Tells the story of Singapore for young readers in an easy to understand manner
- Explores fun and interesting places that a visitor is likely to see when they are in Singapore
- Fully illustrated with beautiful colour drawings by award-winning artist
- Includes bonus craft activities
With Out & About in Singapore, young readers get to go on a fun and colourful tour around this bustling Southeast Asian city through the evocative hand-drawn illustrations of Singaporean artist William Sim.
The book starts out with Singapore’s origin story, followed by captivating “tours” around the Civic District, Chinatown, Kampong Glam and Little India. Popular spots such as Marina Bay Sands, Singapore Botanic Gardens, Sentosa and Gardens by the Bay are explored as well. Lesser-known kid-friendly destinations such as Haw Par Villa and Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum are also highlighted.
In the midst of exploring all these fascinating attractions, readers will also gain insights into the culture and history of Singapore for a deeper understanding of this country. Some related craft activities are thrown in as well just for the fun of it!
This book is for children between 7 and 12 years old.